Sausalito, California

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Trellis Birthday

Another birthday card for July. I have seen this trellis card on SC but haven't seen a tutorial on it.  After I made the card I did see that Valita's had a tutorial on her blog for a trellis card that you may want to see.  I haven't seen it yet but I will because I kept thinking while I was making this that there must be an easier way.   I just flew by the seat of my pants on this one.  Cutting out 1/8" strips and weaving them and then gluing them diagonally on the back of a top note cut out.  The flowers are what I am most proud of!!  I have to thank my sister, Connie, for showing me this book.  I know she has used it too and loved it.  The flowers  are Echinaceas from my new "Paper Bouquet" book by Susan Tierney Cockburn. The flowers in her book are so authentic looking, amazingly beautiful!  The flowers did take a while to do because you have to pinch each petal  and then cup the centers. The stamen (centers) are the little suns that you need to cut in half and then cup and place with tweezers in the center.  Punch 3 flowers and 5-7 suns depending how you like the stamens to look. The sentiment "Happy Birthday" is from JustRite stamps.  The leaves along the side are sizzix "little leaves". 

These are the punches I used!
My next project from this book is going to be Asters.  I just love, love, love flowers!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your card came out fabulously!!! The flowers are really cool! Love it! I think the trellis looks really hard to do but it came out great!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Rochelle, the flowers came out perfect. I have not tried these yet, but I think I have the punches so I am going to give it a try. Oh wait, probably not until after we move.. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete