Sausalito, California

Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!


Sorry I am late posting but I wanted to share some cards that I made for Christmas this year.  I have seen some pretty doors on Splitcoast but whim6915 made the cut for me.  The panels are spellbinders rectangles and I also embossed them to make them a raised panel look.  I added a personal touch with a brad of the initial to whom I was sending the card.  M is for Mott and P is for Peterson which just happens to be my sisters who share the same hobby of papercrafting and cardmaking.  The banner is also from Spellbinders and I used distressed ink from Ranger first and then rock candy for the vintage look to it. 


These cards were fun to make.  Punch art is always fun to see how it all comes together.  I love these Santas on splitcoast and I love being able to use different punches.  Most of the punches were from SU like the ornament for the beard, bird for the mustache, wide oval  for the face and trim of the hat, nestabilities paisley was used for the hat and different round punches for the eyes, nose and pom-pom.  Added some texture on the beard and mustache.

Gretel sleeping
 Christmas Eve we waited for Santa for a while but Gretel stayed right by the tree all night waiting for Santa.  She wasn't going to miss him this year!!

Christmas comes and goes so fast but we all had a wonderful time just getting together.  Wish that we all could be together but some of my family were not able to make it but there is always next year.  Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!

Mom and my daughter, Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. We had alot of fun at your house for Christmas! It was fun to watch Mom open her gifts! It is over sooo quickly! Your cards were adorable! I love the door with the wreath on it! So cute! The Santa is really timeless! The ornament punch makes it really easy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards are fantastic. Love Santa.. What great pics you take... Great time at your house.. Mark's potatoes are the best...

    ReplyDelete