Sausalito, California

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Surprise!

This past weekend my sisters, me and my mom threw a surprise birthday party for my twin sisters!  We were able to keep it a surprise which is amazing to all of us!  Their birthdays aren't until December 2nd but we wanted to have it early because  they would be suspicious since it is the big 60!  I, honestly, have to say that Chris and Connie don't look like they are going to turn 60!  Chris and Connie are holding the two frames that I made for them which is their names spelled out with pictures of them through the years!  There was some research involved with finding the right pictures and then getting the pictures to fit in the letters! It was a challenge but fun! Love to create!!  We also gave them a gift certificate to Soakology which you will see on my previous post that my daughter works there and we both went a couple of weeks ago which was so relaxing............  I just loved it!  and I know they will too! Check out their Mickey Mouse cake!  They both are Disney lovers and Mickey is their favorite!


I made these Mickey Mouse cookies that I saw on pinterest.  I used Oreo cookies for the head, and ears.  I thought they were so cute!  Mine didn't come out as well as the ones I saw on pinterest but I had fun doing it! I thought they would get a kick out of it!  It really was a Mickey/60th birthday party. 

Twisted card

Here are the cards that we gave them with the gift certificates from Soakology inside.  This is called a twisted card which again I saw on pinterest and the directions for it actually is from youtube  I have more pictures of the inside of the card.

Check out a few more pictures of the party.  It was a fun, fun day!  Thanks everyone for making it a great surprise for them!!

Mickey/60th Birthday party

Adrianne and Mom

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have to say, you really did surprise us! I can't believe hubby, Tom didn't leak the secret. He is awful at keeping something like that a secret!! The party was fantastic! It made the thought of turning sixty ....not too bad! It really is just a number....right?
    Love, love, love the cake!!! I have to try and make your fabulous gift card too!! I can't wait until we go to Soakology! It will be a fun time for sure! Thanks again, Rochelle for the fabulous picture frame of Connie and I thru the years. I know that was alot of work! I will enjoy it forever! Especially, since I am younger in all the pictures! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures of the party. Your gift card holder is so cute. I love it.. Can't wait to go to Soakology...
    Thanks for all the hard work you put into the party. It's hard to keep a secret from us, but you surely did it..

    Can't wait until someone else in the family turns 50..Thanks again...

    ReplyDelete