Sausalito, California

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Busted Canvas Technique

I have been watching some tutorials on youtube on how to make these "Busted Canvas" projects and had to give it a try. I used IOD transfers, which are always beautiful, for the focal point which is on drop cloth and then I painted the canvas. The back of the canvas has designer paper that I mod podged and then cut to show it on the front of the canvas. It is rolled and then hot glued to keep it where it is placed. This project is on a bigger canvas which measures 20 x 16. I have some more ideas for more of these "Busted Canvas" but will do a small version of this technique. It would be fun to do a nautical, fall and Christmas design. Love doing this technique!
My good friend's granddaughter has a birthday tomorrow and I wanted to show you the card I made for her. She loves her 3 cats so how appropriate is this card? She is going to be 13 and loves crafts so I hope she enjoys this one! Happy Birthday Chloe!

2 comments:

  1. That first one is a great technique.
    I hope Chloe liked her cat card! So cute!
    Love the cards you made in previous posts!
    My black Eyed Susans are still blooming too! And the Echinacea.
    Sometimes I can't comment!? But I read all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Thank you for your comments. And just this week my black-eyed susans are going by. They lasted so long this year. Love them!

      Delete