Sausalito, California

Friday, May 18, 2012

Flowers are in Bloom!

Breast awareness
My husband and I went for ice cream last week and these beautiful tulips were in bloom beside our favorite Dairy Joy called "Libs".  It was for breast cancer awareness.  They were so beautiful I had to jump out and take a picture.  Today, my sister, her husband and my mom headed to "The Garden Spot" and bought some gorgeous annuals.  My sister, Connie and her husband Russ have put a lot of work into a garden this year and they also got some vegetable seedlings to plant.  Check out the back end of the van!


Geraniums, spirea, coleus, petunias and more!
We all have a lot of planting to do in the next few days. This is the second trip to a garden shop this spring for me.  I just finished this graduated clay pots that I saw on pinterest. The plants are cascading pink petunias.  So pretty!

Love pinterest!
My mom's birthday is this Sunday and 10 or 11 of us are taking her out to lunch.  She loves flowers and since the liliacs are in bloom which is early this year (for Maine) I decided to make her a card with liliacs.
I saw cheeriolafs card on Splitcoast which happens to be the same color that Connie has in her yard all in bloom. It is hard to see but I used CB embossing folder with stems and leaves for the background of the card. Boho blossoms punch from SU for the liliac flowers with tiny little pearls. The leaves and stem were from SU bird and build a blossom punch.  The butterflies are MS punches.  Cheeriolafs suggested drawing a tear shape and then fill in with the flowers.  Happy Birthday Mom!!  Love you!

Beautiful Liliacs
Happy Birthday Mom!

1 comment:

  1. WoWow, Wow, Wow! I love the tulips! They are fabulous! I want to go to the Garden Spot too! Your Cascading planter came out cool! I can't wait to see the Petunias when they bloom! Mom's gonna love her card!

    ReplyDelete