Sausalito, California

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Phillis' Accordion Birthday

My sister, Phillis' Birthday is tomorrow and I made this card for her about a month ago.  I can post it now because I mailed it to her early so if she reads my post it won't spoil the surprise.  Phillis lives in Florida and the sentiment is so appropriate.  If you can't read it from the picture, I have a close up picture below.


I am loving this sizzix accordion card by Karen Burniston. She is now working with Elizabeth Craft and is doing more shapes with the accordion layout which I also love.  The cupcake is all done with fine glitter which is a Elizabeth Craft technique, then it is colored with copics.  The candle and the butterfly is also done with the fine glitter technique which is hard to see in the picture.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from sizzilets.

I could leave the back of the card blank so I decorated it with another Elizabeth Crafts' cupcake and hearts with another sentiment for Phillis.  Happy Birthday Phillis!  Hope it is special, like you!!

Also wanted to add the I never win anything (I know everyone says that!) but I did win a grab bag from Molly's Square!!!  Below is a picture of all the stuff I won!   There is Spellbinders borders, Tim Holtz's stamps and dies, Sizzix embossing folders, Stickles,  washi tape, and paper.  Thank you so much Molly Square.  Her website is www.mollysquare.com


Can't wait to use them!



2 comments:

  1. Cool card! I love the cupcakes! I can't believe you won such a fabulous stash! Lucky!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. I missed this post. Glad I went back to find it. You made out with a great haul from Molly's Square. Love the Tim Holtz bottle die. Have fun using all the great stuff.

    ReplyDelete