Sausalito, California

Friday, July 18, 2014

Beach Box

July is another birthday month!!  This card is for a good friend of mine from high school and college.  Her birthday is on the 23rd and she and some friends from high school always rent a beach house in Old Orchard Beach, Maine---right on the beach.  They are so generous always inviting friends and family members to join them.  This was my 3rd year spending time with them on the beach and they had a BEAUTIFUL week!!

I chose to make this card in the box because Vicki saw it on pinterest and thought it was a kit!  I told her no, that people make their own, custom made cards.  For Vicki, I used a lot of sizzix dies,  SU punches and the beach chair with the hat is actually a stamp from Great Impressions that I colored with copics and cut out.  The paper is from Authenique which was perfect with shells all over it.  The back of the card for the sentiment is graphic 45 paper! Back to my craftroom to make some more July birthday cards!    Check out some more closeups below----    Happy Birthday Vicki!!!

Background stamp-beach chair, hat and sandals!
Love the sentiment-so perfect!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I just love these little "card in a box" I made different ones for two friends and now they want me to teach them how to do them, so a am looking forward to that as the girls live interstate and we will have a fun get together when they got here, yours is so beautiful with all the beach and summer things, thanks for sharing it, Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Card in a Box! The beach theme is very sweet too! Perfect card for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beach card in a box. The sunglasses are adorable.Sand and blue are great colors for the beach.

    ReplyDelete