Sausalito, California

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Pretty Succulents!

I am loving the succulents that I am seeing on Pinterest!  I don't have the SU succulent stamp set and dies but I wanted to try and make them with other dies that I have.  I have a number of flower dies and punches and was happy to use them for this.  The succulents in the picture above are made with Tim Holtz's Tattered flower die and a couple of punches that I have.  I alternated with some of the flowers and then used the same with others to change it up a little.  I like the way they came out, although, not perfect like the ones from Stampin up.    The little cactus-like one in the middle is just made with the extra-large circle punch from SU. I think I punched out 8 ovals to make the cactus. All the flowers are inked with Ranger's distressed inks.  For the inks I used concord grape, forest moss and barn red.  There are more pictures to show the side view.  I love the little container that I used. I bought it at Michael's for only $5.  What a deal!

Dies and punches used
Side view
Love this pink one!

4 comments: