Sausalito, California

Monday, July 17, 2017

Oscar Worthy?

Oscars were the theme for a mystery dinner theater that my husband and I went to last month with some friends.  I found a template for Oscar on the Internet and went with it.  I saw a lot of version to make one but decided to go with this one.  I cut out 2 from gold glitter paper and backed them with black paper so that it looked like a shadow.  Then,  I put it on a "stage" with our friends names.  I was worried it wasn't going to come out very good but I was pleasantly surprised!  Not bad for only having 48 hours to design and complete them!  Awards were for Best Diva and Best Supporting Diva, Best Director in Technical Support, Best Action Figure,  Best Prop Design (me!) and then Lifetime Achievement for Chemistry and Comedy!  It was a riot and we had our pictures taken with them!

Closer look!
Here we are all dressed up and ready for the Oscars!  It was a fun night and the name of the company who performed was called Mystery for Hire and the Comedy Show was called "Gimmie Awards, Honoring the Best in Hollywood"!  There were about 125 people and everyone had a name.  Mine was Minnie Skirts and my husband was Drew Blood.  It was pretty funny and a fun evening!!


No comments:

Post a Comment