Sausalito, California

Friday, December 1, 2017

Christmas Craft Day


Loving Tim  Holtz/Sizzix House/Church die!  This was our project on Wednesday for Craft Day with 4 fun ladies!  3 of the ladies had not done any papercrafting and they did great!  We didn't break out the wine because everyone was so focused on their projects.  I wish I had taken pictures of them working but I forgot.  Tim Holtz has a tutorial on this die, putting the house together and then the steeple because they are different dies.  I love the little bell in the tower!  And the wreath is perfect!  My one tip is to use good heavy cardstock, not chipboard but 110 pound cardstock!  We did add a tealight inside with vellum on the windows and it is beautiful!! 

 I was ready for them with a paper tablecloth so glue didn't get on the wood table.  I did die cut the church and steeple for them so they just had fun with the glue/scorpal tape. They had to add design paper to the roof and steeple also the trees on each side of the door.  The wreath was just a sticker from Michael's but it was a great wreath!
 
One of the ladies finished church!

How cute is the bell!
Christmas themed
I made these little paper coffee cups for the ladies and put their accessories in them such as the bell, trees, wreath and tealight!  These were fun to make and only took me the night before 1 hour to make all 4 of them.  I will add the link to the tutorial below for these fun coffee cups.  Couple things I did different was to add panels inbetween each score lines (she stamped) also I added a circle to the base of the cup to cover up the layered paper strips.  (I hope this makes sense to you)  Have fun!  Welcome to the Christmas Season!! 

                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sl2gQ2TWBw

4 comments:

  1. LOOOOVE the churches & the coffee mugs!!! SO GLAD you had a good time crafting with your friends! Those little churches are FABULOUS with the way you finished yours off on the wood cookie!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so eye catching! Love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your church scene. The picture does not do it justice. I was inspired to make one of my own. I think your churches look awesome. The coffee mugs look so real. Great work all over.

    ReplyDelete