Sausalito, California

Wednesday, March 27, 2024

S is for Spring

This picture doesn't reflect Spring in the Northeast but here it is! Over the past weekend, we had an ice storm knocking out power mostly on the coast of Maine. The town that I live in was almost completely in the dark with no traffic lights, and it was hard to get any gas and even groceries. We lost power on Saturday night and didn't get it back until Monday just before noon. Some people still are without power today but most of the State is back to normal. Thank you to the out-of-state power companies and Maine Central Maine Power working so hard to restore the power. The number of trees that are down from this storm is just unbelievable. The picture above is from Downtown Portland Maine!
I have been busy before we lost power making this wooden "S" for my sister's stepdaughter's bridal shower. It is 24" in height which is great to hang. My sister sent me the pictures that her stepdaughter would like for the mural. I did use Mod Podge to glue them down and I put 3 coats on the top. To finish, I added some embellishments. I have made 4 or 5 of these for friends. It works out to be such a great gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment