Sausalito, California

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Birthday Balloons!

Let's celebrate & Party On!
How cute is this??  I watched Frenchie's tutorial on this box and decided to make one for a friend's with a birthday next week.  I changed a few things like only using the balloon dies from SU's Balloon Adventure on three of the 4 sides so I had a panel for the sentiment (shown below).  The top comes off so you an fill it with candy or use a tea light for the inside after the candy is gone!  The panels have vellum on the 3 sides.  France Martin (Frenchie)  also does a triangle which is cool too!  I'll have to try that too! The size of this box is a very good size,  6 inches by 4 inches.  A lot of the boxes I have made lately have been small so this was fun to make a bigger project.  It is hard to see in the picture but the base of this box is sage green and you want to use a good weight for your cardstock because 3 of the sides have the balloon die and a lot of the paper is cut out.  Just love how this came out!  I am definitely making some more!!

4th side with sentiment



The best is yet to come


2 comments:

  1. Lovely. Can be used for gift giving and a lantern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this gift box! It's cool how you added the sentiment to it too!

    ReplyDelete