Sausalito, California

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Strawberry Picking in Maine

Entrance to the Strawberry Fields
Yesterday was a gorgeous day in southern Maine especially for strawberry picking.  Last week was the start of Strawberry Season in Maine and my sister, Connie and her husband Russ and I went to Fairwinds Farm in Bowdoinham for some red berries. It didn't take long before we picked about 8 lbs of strawberries each. At that point it was hard to stop because I kept finding some that were bigger than the ones I had already picked.  Now I am ready for the 4th of July and desert will be Strawberry Shortcake!!  Yum!

Beautiful Red
Better than the supermarkets!
More fields
I might have to go back at the end of the week to pick some more to freeze for the winter.  Can't have too many strawberries!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great time we had.. Russ and I love strawberry picking as much as we love strawberry shortcake..We will go back...I tried a new shortcake recipe, but it was too dry. I'll try again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of the strawberries! It isn't summer unless we have strawberries! YUM! Thanks for picking some for me!

    ReplyDelete