Sausalito, California

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine Rose

This cascading fold card is a new one for me!  Love this fold!  My sister, Chris, showed me how to do this fold and she has made about 4 or 5 of them.  Check out her blog at callalilystudioblog.blogspot.com for more cards and instructions.  The big red rose is from valita's blog.  She uses the SU owl punch. The vine that the rose is on is from spellbinders and I added a toothpick to the back of it to give it some strength.  The white envelope is from sizzix and I just put the sentiment in the envelope from SU "Love Always" set. The front of the card is nestabilities heart with Cheery Lynn Designs "Fanciful flourish".  I have additional pictures below to show you the sentiment on the back and the sides of the card.  I have added more hearts and Memory Box outline of hearts. My husband has been so great; this card is for him for sure! This is a great card for looking harder than it really is!   Have fun!

Back of the card

Side view

2 comments:

  1. It does look hard.. but yours is truly a wonderful example of this fold. The flower is really the owl punch??? Wow...Great work..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card came out fabooo!!! I love the rose! Very nice job on your first cascading card!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete