Sausalito, California

Friday, January 15, 2016

Birthday Cupcake

I have been wanting to make this type of card for a while. It is called an upright Z fold card.  Have been looking all over for the instructions, although, it is pretty easy to figure out but wanted the exact scoring measurements.  So I finally found some very good instructions here.  Stamp owl made a Christmas card but I wanted to do a birthday card for a high school friend who's birthday is next week so I am headed to the Post Office to get it in the mail. Like she did, I used Elizabeth Craft's stickers and colored with copics for the front of the card.  The background is embossed with the "happy birthday" Cuttlebug EF.  The paper line I used is from "My Mind's Eye".  It has a fabric feel to it.  Just love the colors!

The inside of the card is a sentiment I had from my stash that says "Your Special Day" with a drink to celebrate!  Betti always post a drink, usually a martini, on Friday night of her drink on Facebook and they always look yummy!  I think she will get the connection.  LOL!  The upper left hand corner is the stopper to hold the card when it stands up and I had a cupcake brad which was perfect!

The Back of the card was a fun sentiment and some Martha Stewart punch balloons.  This was a fun card to make and I am sure I will make more.  It gives you a lot of space for sentiments and decorating for whatever occasion the card is.  Happy Birthday Betti!  Enjoy your special day!!

1 comment: