Sausalito, California

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Father's Day Pop up!

Here is one of the cards that I made for my husband for Father's Day this past weekend.  I used the beautiful Graphic 45 By the Sea collection.  It is such a gorgeous collection from Graphic 45!

My husband went to San Francisco this past April to help our son buy his first vehicle.  When he was there, he went sailing in the San Francisco Bay and sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge!  He can check that off his bucket list now.  The sentiment says, "Out of all the fish in the sea, I am lucky to have you as my husband!".   I used that picture for this card along with dies from Marianne Creatables, Die-namics and sizzix.  The fish and crab were MS punches.  The wave border punch was from EK punches.   I found this type of card on Pinterest and have gone back and can't find where I pinned it.  The instructions for it are really easy, see below.

Sideview
For the base, cut 5x10 and score on the long side at 5 inches.  Then cut 2 - 5x5 and score every 1 inch (which will be 4 times) and then put together to make a box.  Cut 1- 5x2 and 1- 5x3 1/2.  Then just assemble as shown with the 5x2 cardstock in the front.  Decorate as desired.   Gonna make another one of these- love it! 



I had already made this card for my husband before I made the one above so I decided to give him both!  Why not!  Again, I saw a similar card like this on Pinterest which inspired me to make this one.  Punch art is so fun to do and the bumble bee is adorable!!  This could be a birthday card or even a Valentine's Day card--just add some hearts!!

1 comment: