Sausalito, California

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Take a Hike

Here is the cover of the 8x8 scrapbook that I made for our friends that went with us  on our trip to Zion National Park, Grand Canyon - North Rim and Bryce Canyon in May.  We are getting together this weekend to reminisce about our trip but I wanted to show some pictures of the scrapbook on my blog before I give it to them.  The paper collection that I used is from Bo Bunny, "Take a Hike".  I love it and I am going to use it for a scrapbook that I am making for me and my husband.    The pictures are from the collection and the compass is from a handout that Road Scholar gave us.

I will only show you a few selected pages since it is a full book of 20 pages or more.  First stop, Zion National Park.  It is fun putting these scrapbooks together especially for other people.  The page on the right was the first hike of the trip to Emerald Pools!  Looks like water coming out of the cliff! Amazing!

This is one of my favorite pages showing all of us in front of the Checkerboard Mesa.  We are leaving Zion and heading to Grand Canyon- North Rim.  The bus ride was so amazing weaving in and out of Zion's plateaus and mesas!  So beautiful!

Arrival at the Grand Canyon, North Rim at the Grand Canyon Lodge!  What a place and what views from every window in the lodge!  We had our meals in the Dining Room and 2 sides of the room were floor to ceiling windows looking out over the Canyon!  Unbelievable!

Another favorite page showing the Grand Canyon.  Couldn't take enough pictures of this place!  Like the page says "Amazing!"

After leaving the Grand Canyon, headed to Bryce Canyon and our first pictures were at "Inspiration Point"!  The different colors of oranges made this Canyon again an amazing place.

Now down in the canyon are HooDoos!  Made over  hundreds and hundreds of years by the weather! So great!  After Bryce, we  headed back to Las Vegas for our trip home!  Vegas was another adventure in  a different way.  My husband said, "From Man made to God made!"  So true!

1 comment: