Sausalito, California

Friday, February 8, 2013

Housewarming Card

My nephew and his girlfriend, Kristin just bought a house together and just last weekend got engaged!! We are all so very happy for them both!  Tomorrow was suppose to be their housewarming party but because of this blizzard in the Northeast they had to postpone the party until March.  I have been working on their card all week and finally finished it today during the storm.  Perfect day to spend time in my craftroom and watch the snow fall.  I was looking at my flower pot cards that I made a long time ago and got this house idea from them.  I cut a piece of cardstock measuring 4 1/2 by 9 inches.  The 9 inch side I scored in cut at 4 1/2.  Then I embossed one side of the 4 1/2 side which is the front of the house.  I sponged the front of the house with Close to Cocoa to make the siding stand out more.  Added the windows, door and fence with some grass.  The flowers are prima with a little bling in the middle.

Just pop off the roof and the sentiment reads, "It takes hands to build a house but only hearts can build a home" Author Unknown   I added the roof and the chimney which is embossed with Tim Holtz brick EF.  The chimney is sponged with red distressed ink from Ranger. 

So now this will have to wait until March to give them this card. Let's hope all the snow will be melted by then.  We are expecting to get between 1-2 feet of snow, maybe more!   Hope everyone in the Northeast stays safe and warm tonight!! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Your card is super cute! I love the way it opens ...just like the flower pot cards! The storm is raging outside! Papercrafting gives us something to do during this storm! Hope we can shovel out before Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. I have not tried this one. It's so cute. I bet the wind last night felt like the roof was coming off. They are going to love it..

    ReplyDelete