Sausalito, California

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Father's Day Grill

Tomorrow is Father's Day and I wanted to make a card for my husband.  Mark is the one that does the grilling at our house so why not show him how much I appreciate it, especially since I hate doing it.  I saw this punch art grill on Pinterest and I had the apron sizzix diecut so I thought they would go perfect together. I remember my father had a barbecue apron that said "#1 Dad" on the front of it.  He wore it all the time in the summer when he was grilling.  The design of this card is a Z fold.  It measures 8 1/2 X 5 and it is scored on the long side at 2 1/8 and 4 1/4.  The grill is a circle, cut in half and hinged with a silver brad.  I used SU swirls sizzlet for the smoke.  The legs are the tab punch and I used the tab punch again for the inside of the grill and for the hamburger. When the card is closed, see below, most of the apron is hidden.  Thanks for stopping by.

Card Closed



Sentiment inside




2 comments:

  1. What a cute card. I love the grill and apron you added. It is so appropriate for Mark since he is an all time great griller. I bet he loved itl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great man card! The grill and apron are perfect for Mark!

    ReplyDelete