Sausalito, California

Monday, August 1, 2016

Happy August 1st!

Today is my brother's birthday and he turns 60!  We gave him a surprise party last month and boy, did we surprise him!  It was a great weekend!!  Love these Crazy Birds by Tim Holtz!  They are so versatile!  I love seeing them on a formal looking card in the background and then put one of these birds on it and it makes me laugh every time!!  It is hard to see but I glossy accented the eyes to make them pop even more than they are.  Copic markers were perfect to color and blend.  Happy Birthday Hal again!!

A very good friend had a birthday yesterday, so I have been busy making cards in my very hot craftroom.  I kept the fan right on me!!  My friend, Jan, loves her flower gardens and is always working in them.  How appropriate is this??  Memory box window die was used for the background to give it the feel what she would see out her window.

The back of the card with the sentiment and a sunflower.  Love sunflowers, some of them can get so tall!  Lots of punches and dies used for this card in the box.  Happy Birthday Jan!

2 comments:

  1. Those crazy birds are perfect for Hal's birthday card. Love 'em. The card in the box design is lovely. Jan will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love - Card in a box! You even decorated the back. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete