Sausalito, California

Monday, November 2, 2015

My Best Friend

My mom passed away 2 months ago today on September 2nd, 2015. It is still hard to believe that she is not with us. She was my best friend.  She was always on my side no matter what was happening in my life. She made you feel that you were the most important person when she was talking to you.  Mom and Dad had 8 children and they certainly had their ups and downs but their strong faith in God got them through it all.  Dad had tuberculosis when my older sister was a baby and Mom made the trip to Worcester, Mass from Small Point, Maine every weekend with Terri.  That was not easy back in 1950-1951. Mom loved to garden, paint and play the piano. I was always so impressed that she was able to teach herself to play the piano especially after I only took lessons for a year.   Mom loved  her children, grandchildren and great-children.   My Dad died 5 years ago and my oldest sister, Terri, died 6 years ago.  They are all together again and it helps me to know that one day I will see them again.  Love you Mom and will miss you everyday.

I made this clipboard memorial of mom with a poem that my sister, Chris found on the internet shortly after my mother died.  It was perfect for Mom called A Mother's Garden.

My Mother kept a garden,
a garden of the heart,
She planted all the good things
that gave my life it’s start.
She turned me to the sunshine
and encouraged me to dream,
Fostering and nurturing
the seeds of self-esteem…
And when the winds and rain came,
she protected me enough-
But not too much because she knew
I’d need to stand up strong and tough.
Her constant good example
always taught me right from wrong-
Markers for my pathway
that will last a lifetime long.
I am my Mother’s garden.
I am her legacy-
And I hope today she feels the love

reflected back from me.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, Rochelle! I cried when I read it. I miss talking to Mom. Thanksgiving will be different without her. It is a comfort to know they are all together and we will see them again..

    ReplyDelete