Sausalito, California

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Happy 40th Anniversary to us!

 

December 27, 1980
First of all, I want to wish my husband a Happy 40th Anniversary today.  It has been a difficult month since Thanksgiving.  My daughter, my husband and I have been recovering from Covid.  It has been hard especially for my husband and he is still recovering today.  Each day, though, is better for him.  We are very thankful that we are able to celebrate our 40th Anniversary today!  


Needless to say, I didn't get my Christmas cards out this Christmas but I can share what I wanted to send out.  I only was able to get 3 cards done before Covid hit.  It is an inverted center fold card.


Front

Side view

Sentiment on the back

Stampin up set of Christmas ornaments are on a sheet of acetate which is in front of the Christmas tree. I hope you can see it in the second picture of the side view. I thought this was a different fold to make, wish I could have gotten them out.  There is always next year!  


My sisters and I had a small craft fair in October at my house and one of the items that I made was an advent calendar made from pickets that my husband and I had left over from our fence around the pool. I saw this idea on Pinterest and decided to make it. My neighbor bought it for her children and has posted it on facebook a few times.  As the kids opened the little bags she put her Christmas cards on it.  I think I will make another one this winter.


Loved making this!

This surely has been a year that we will never forget. I want to thank my family and friends for their love and support during this time.  Everyone has been so good to reach out and ask us to deliver food and just anything we needed. Prayers were definitely answered.  Thank you so much!  Here's to a happy and healthy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you guys are getting better! Love the Advent tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these inverted cards you are making. The Christmas bulbs are perfect. So glad you guys got to celebrate your anniversary while you are feeling better. The Advent tree is gonna be a hit at our next Christmas fair.

    ReplyDelete