Sausalito, California

Friday, May 6, 2011

The Stork Will Be Arriving Shortly

My neighbors are having a baby very soon and I wanted a quick card for her so I will be ready when the little ones decides to makes its' entrance.  It will be their first and  I am very happy for them.  I think she told me that they were having a girl but I am ready in case  it's a boy.  I actually saw this punch art stork on Jackie Topa's blog.  She does great punch art and her link is under my blog list if you would like to take a look at her blog. 

I used 1 1/4 inch round punch for the head, the body is SU's oval wide punch in the pink card and medium oval in the blue card.  I think I like the wide oval better.  The wings are embossed with SU EF which I used the Build a Blossom punch.  The leaf from Build a Blossom punch is used for the "bundle". The hat is from a sizzlet snowman head.  The beak was tricky and pretty much free hand.  I made an elongated triangle and cut it in the middle and then overlapped them to make the beak. The "little bundle" is tied together with ribbon.  The ribbon was heated with the embossing gun to give it that "wrinkled look".  Lastly, I sponged the stork with SU yoyo yellow to make it stand out a little more.  I wanted to add a baby head but just couldn't get it to look right so I decided that the baby just would have to be inside nice and warm in the little bundle.  Afterall it is a "little bundle of joy!"  Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. This is cute! I love the stork's hat! The ribbon is cute too! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love making baby cards. This one is so sweet. The stork is wicked cute. Great card!

    ReplyDelete