Sausalito, California

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Vintage Birthday

This is a lovely card that I cased from Sandy Mathis.  It had a vintage feel to me and I hope I captured the same. Very simple but looks like you put a lot of effort and time into it.  A lot of EF were used.  The first one on the Top note  die and then inked it with Tim Holtz distressed inks.I,  then, used SU embosslits for the flowers and embossed again.  I didn't have any vintage cream colored lace so I used SU twill tape (which I think maybe retired now, not sure).  If I make this card again, I think I would use lace because it would seem even more vintage.  Needed this quickly so no time for the store.  It is in the mail today!! Thanks Sandy!

2 comments:

  1. Love your card! I have the flower embossing folder!! I gotta try this! The background papers are very cool! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Love the embossing touch. I think we should take a trip to Tate's of Bath, Maine to get that lace you were talking about. They have alot... good prices, too.

    ReplyDelete