Sausalito, California

Monday, August 5, 2013

Summer Birthdays

July and August are big birthday months with family and friends!  Love making birthday cards! Birthday cards for my brother, sister and my bestie, Mary!

Love the pearls on the flowers!
Love my new Gazebo from Spellbinders! I used the mini Tilda with the balloon-she fit perfectly! MS punch fence (which I use a lot) with some cute brads, ladybug, bumble bee and can you see the dragonfly?  Memory  box bird and Savannah border.  The grass is from, I think, Die-namics!  Love the funky fold style of card. Happy Birthday Andrea!

Spells MARY!

I wanted to try a waterfall slide card.  How perfect that my girlfriend's name is Mary!  Just 4 letters and perfect for this kind of card.  Directions for this card was done by Dawn. She does a great video explaining it.
Pull the yellow ribbon!
Back of the card!
Last but not least is my brother, Hal. His passion is baseball but I have done so many baseball cards for him on his birthday that I thought I would do his second passion, golf!  Love this card that I saw on pinterest.  I couldn't find any directions for it so I just winged it.  It is punch art which is a passion of mine. I used the paisley nestabilities die to start and had to cut it down to a club, which I did freehand.  The club was all done freehand. The tee is from SU build a blossom punch and the ball is just the circle nestability.  "Happy Birthday" is a sizzix die.  Check out the inside message-found on the internet.  Happy Birthday Hal!

Love the punch art!

Happy Birthday Hal!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Wow! I don't know which card I like best! The gazebo is fabulous! I love the waterfall card too! I have just tried that one myself! Thank for the link to instructions! You really nailed it with the punch art golf club and tee! Hal is gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. August is a busy birthday month in our family, isn't it?
    I love all the cards you made. The Waterfall card is so cute. I love that you made the squares bigger. Great idea!The Matilda standing in the gazebo is adorable. And Hal's golf card is just perfect for him. Great looking work.

    ReplyDelete