Sausalito, California

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fall Burlap Wreath

Front door
I am ready for fall!  I have been trying to find some time to make this wreath since the beginning of summer and wanted to make it a summer wreath with shells (bought a bunch at a gift shop) but just didn't have the time.  So this past weekend, it was raining on Labor Day so I began making it and ran out of burlap. Off to Michael's so that I could  finish it.  I used a 12 inch wire ring, and 2 rolls of burlap. On the back of the wreath, you can see that I secured it with tan pipe cleaners.  Some of the blogs I read used floral wire but I wanted it to blend in with the burlap.  I am not a fan of orange so I decorated the wreath yesterday with a gold, glittery bow(which I made myself), leaves from Michaels, and bittersweet from AC Moore. I kept the colors red and yellow with a touch of orange. The only instructions are to make loops through the wire wreath and I secured about every 3 loops with the pipe cleaners.  You can make it as full or loose as you want. The leaves can be hot glued but I secured the leaves with pins so that I can use the wreath again at Christmas time if I want. I really did like the way it came out.  It took me about 2 hours to make it altogether.  Check below for more close up pictures.  I have found so many great ideas off pinterest.  I don't know what I would do without it now. 

Bittersweet &gourd

Love this gold ribbon!
Closer look at the loops

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Rochelle, it came out fabulous! I love it! Great idea to be able to change out the decorations for a different Holiday! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job you did on this wreath. I love the burlap with all the embellishments. It really is Fall...

    ReplyDelete