Sausalito, California

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Poinsetta in a Box

For the Christmas Craft Fair
Card in a box is my new passion.  My sister, Chris from Callalilystudioblog.blogspot.com showed me the tutorial from Monica Gale  It looks harder than it is.  I used the poinsettas from Spellbinders.  The paper is pretty red glitter paper from Michael's. The measurements on Monica's blog are in centimeters but Chris calculated them in inches which goes like this.  Cut 5 7/8inch x 12 inch cardstock and score on the 12 inch at 2 3/4, 5 1/2, 8 1/4, 11 inches then turn paper to the short side and score at 2 3/4 inch.  That is the basic box and then you can watch Monica's tutorial from there.  The paper I used to decorate the box is from graphic 45--very pretty!! Love that it closes and can be mailed so easily.  Can't wait to make another one!

Can you see the glitter?


1 comment:

  1. Love, love your poinsetta's in a box! I love this new technique too!

    ReplyDelete