Sausalito, California

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Many Thanks!

Another card in a box but this one is a petite size that will fit in a standard envelope which is always good!.  The other ones I have made are larger and takes anywhere from $.80 to $1.20 for postage depending on the embellishments.  My sister, Chris at callalilystudioblog.blogspot.com told me about this petite size at Tanya Bell blog.  She gives a good tutorial on how to make this smaller version of card in the box.

This card is a thank you to my former boss who moved to New Hampshire and he and his wife sent my husband and I a big box of Honeybells from Florida.  A little bit of Florida during this cold winter is always welcome.  The Honeybells are unbelievable juicy!!!  Love, love, love them!  I remember that they like bird watching and so does my husband so I wanted to make this one with birds. The paper and punches are from SU.  The flowers are from prima.   It won't be long (I hope) before spring will be here! I can't wait for the birds to start singing!! and warm sunshine!!

Closer look!
Frequent visitor!


2 comments:

  1. I love your Card in a Box! The birds are fabulous! I have never had Honeybells!! When we go - we will have to hunt them down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use birds in your card. Love the birdhouse, too. I want to try Honeybells, too. Can't wait for Spring... How many times have I said that this January..

    ReplyDelete