Sausalito, California

Sunday, March 9, 2014

50 Candles on your Cake!

Another 50th birthday and another card in the box card!  You have to read the sentiment on the back of the card which is in the picture below because it all ties in together with the fireman and too many candles on your cake!!  My sister's boyfriend is turning 50 next month, so to throw him off guard, we are giving him a surprise birthday party this weekend. I am so proud of myself that I made his card early because usually I am doing this at the last minute. But when you have an idea you run with it.  We, actually, forgot his birthday last year but we will make up for this year with this surprise.  By the time, we finish he will have wished that we all had forgotten it this year!! 

The fireman is punch art from Ellen Kemper's blog. She does a great job telling you what to use for punches to make Mr.Fireman and I had tons of fun putting him together.  I made candles from the SU bird punch in the middle and then sizzix's birthday cake and candles for the front.  Check out more pictures below for the sentiment and closer looks of the side of the card.  Happy 50th Birthday Lenny and many more!!

Too cute!

Overall view
All SU punches

6 comments:

  1. where could I find the pattern for this fabulous card, I would love to make this style card, Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasann, Splitcoast has a tutorial for this type of card at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/popupboxcard/ Have fun! I love to make these fun box cards! Thanks for your comment. Rochelle

      Delete
  2. Wow! This card is faboo! Lenny is going to love it! The sentiment is a riot! Love your Punch Art Fireman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card in a box. You did a great job on the fireman. Lenny is going to get a kick out of this.. Hope he doesn't read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS! This is fabulous! Lenny is going to roar...and I'm fairly certain he's not a blogfollower! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I would be safe to post this because I didn't think he would see it, Adrianne!! I know he likes papercrafting but a blogger, I didn't think so!! LOL!

      Delete