Sausalito, California

Saturday, August 30, 2014

August Birthdays

I have made a few of these Prima Doll Tags for birthday cards this summer.  Here is another one. Love the way the red shows up and I think it is a birthday color!  I used a bottle cap for the Birthday Girl sentiment and the big white flower is from Michael's dollar bin.  Cheery Lynn Designs Floral Flourish die is in the background which is a favorite of mine.  It is a wonder it isn't worn out!    I also made the box to put the tag in which I found on pinterest and I put the link to it in a previous post.  If you need it let me know and I will post it for you.  The ribbon at the bottom of the tag is from SU and the border punch is from MS.  I sponged with Tim Holtz distressed inks around the edges of the entire tag.   By the way, I think I have made so many of these because I loved paper dolls as a kid and I don't think I have gotten over them yet.  Love that I can still do it under the guise of creativity!!!


Today would have been my Dad's 87th birthday.  He died in Dec 2010 and my family misses him every day but today is special because of his birthday.  He loved to celebrate with family no matter the occasion but it did like it when it was focused on him.   (and who doesn't)   I can't believe it has been 4 years.  Happy Birthday Dad!! Love you

2 comments:

  1. Your tag is gorgeous. Love it... Great pictures of Dad... It is a hard time of year when his birthday rolls around. Good to be with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love your tag! Did you make the bottle cap? I saw some Chunky Charms attached to a bottle cap on Pinterest and I want to make some!

    I have always loved that picture of Mom and Dad! Where has the time gone? He did love to celebrate his birthday! Miss him so much!

    ReplyDelete