Sausalito, California

Monday, January 14, 2019

Tilda is back!!


I haven't used my Magnolia stamps in quite a while so I used them for this birthday card.  So happy that I did this because they are all so darn cute!  This card is for a high school friend's birthday who does so much for service men and women that the sentiment is sooooo appropriate for her.  I love this style card because it gives you so many panels to decorate--just perfect.  I think this is called a trifold accordion card, at least that is what I am calling it.  I also decorated the other side and I will show the opposite side in the picture below. 

Opposite side

Closed for mailing
I also wanted to show you my last project for 2018 which is a Bookatrix from Mixedup crafts.  She does a wonderful job with all of her tutorials that I will also put the link for this type of card.  Like her, I made a Christmas one but it is would be fun for any celebration. I put it on a wooden stand but she also shows you how to make a stand/easel and an envelope for this project.  The paper collection, I used, is from Photoplay.

                                                   https://www.pinterest.com/pin/34832597105405472/

Bookatrix
Left side

Right side
 Just a few pictures of our New Year together with my husband, son, daughter and my son's girlfriend, Sabrina out in San Francisco, Oakland and Bodega Bay!   Oh, and I can't forget Oscar, Eric's cute little dog. Just a little tidbit, Bodega Bay is where Alfred Hitchcock filmed most of the "The Birds" movie thriller.  Eric and Sabrina made us dinner one night with Dungeness Crab, shrimp, scallops, and mussels called Cioppino.  We had a wonderful time with them!  They were such good tour guides visiting where Sabrina works and visiting Napa Valley and the Pacific Coast Highway.  I can see why there are so many surfers in California, they waves are just unbelievable.  We don't have these waves in Maine, unless there is a storm.  Happy New Year everyone!!

View from our AirBNB

View out our window

Walking the beach

Fam walking the beach

Sunset

Surfers


Pacific Coast

Rainy, windy day

Sabrina took the pic

Inside our AirBNB

Cioppino--so good!


1 comment:

  1. Love the Magnolia stamps. Super cute. We should do this Bookatrix as a craft day project. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete