Sausalito, California

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Birthday for Hairdresser

My hairdresser, who I miss immensely, had his 65th birthday last week and I had this all ready to give to him but because of the coronavirus has had to close his salon.  I will give it to him when they open back up but I had to show this to everyone.  It is an explosion box and at the top of it is a shaker star with 65 on it.  I used Graphic 45 paper collection called World's Fair. 


Look at the cute charms!

Waiting area

 The chair that I have in front of the sink was actually a Christmas ornament that my husband received from a teacher with a book and apple on the arm of it. I just cut it off and used it for the chair where Shawn cuts hair.  In the waiting room, I  made the couch and table out of paper.  It is orgami folding.  The charms I found on Amazon and worked out great for his sink area.   This is a perfect birthday card/box for him since his salon just moved into a new place.  The salon had only been open in the new location when they had to close because of Covid 19.  Below are some more pictures of the outside of the box.  I am happy the way this came out and hope he likes it too.
Happy 65th Birthday Shawn!






2 comments:

  1. I love how this explosion box turned out! Such a cute idea! Too bad about his salon..hope it opens soon.... I just cut my own bangs! Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this salon explosion box! I have done several for my Grand kids birthdays and they are so fun but yours are way beyond with 3D rooms! Very very clever! Thank you for sharing your amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete