Sausalito, California

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Punch art Asters

It has been hard to work in my craftroom since my family has gotten back from California.  It has been hot and I don't have air conditioning in my room.  I do have a fan which helps but some days it just isn't enough.  But we have had some cooler days and since we are heading into fall, I will be making more cards because September is another big birthday month in our family. From the book Paper Bouquet by Susan Tierney Cockburn I have made the Asters which are fun.  Same technique as the Echinacea (which was on a previous blog post) which is cupping the individual flower and layering them together.  The bird is from Heartfelt Creations/Spellbinders colored with copic markers. For the background it is the cuttlebug embossed folder and then I used Tim Holtz distressed inks peeled paint to color the Sizzix Top Note image.   Thanks for looking and enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Love the bird and the flowers! Very cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job with your flowers. I have to to get working with that book. I think you have the same one I have. The card is so pretty. Hey, where are those flowers from in your picture?

    ReplyDelete