Sausalito, California

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Thanksgiving Fun!


Place Holders
Last Saturday, I had a little craft day with my friend's granddaughter, Chloe.  I will show you at the end of this post what we made.  We had a lot of fun but my friends, Anna and Lynne both contracted me to make them these place  holders for their Thanksgiving dinner.  The total was 26 for both of their families and I just finished them this morning!  It is a box with a card which I will post the video instructions below.  I showed them this birthday box in a card and they were thrilled that I would make them.  I used different paper collections for these cards and I used dies from Lawn Fawn and Impression Obsession. The leaves from Lawn Fawn are stitched leaves which are so lovely.  The pine cones I got at Michaels which were the perfect size for these boxes.

The box is measured 2x2 which is plenty of room for a small gift or candy like Hersey's kisses.  I actually counted 14 Hersey's kisses would fit.  The instructions are below but I made a platform for the box - so instead of cutting out the 2x4 rectangle I cut it so that it made a little stand for the box.  I did it just so the card stood up a little better.  My only suggestion is to make sure you use thick cardstock for the base.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/ASPtWkgjznR8nofKOMQ0lP0TFgA42lFfIUrc1DG1iELzbth12vBRlNU/

Here are some more pictures of the Gift box in a card - I took them a little bit closer for viewing.

Sentiment is from SU

Closer look at the top of the box

Love the little pinecones
On Craft Day, we made little turkey favors out of toilet paper holders and pinwheels using We R Memory Keepers punch board.  The turkeys were made with a series of triangle cuts starting with the head. It was a success for all!!  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Plain turkey

Decorated turkeys

Chloe's Pinwheel

Christmas Pinwheel

2 comments:

  1. I love your favors! The little Turkeys are cute too! Looks like you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These favor card/ box is wicked cute. Love how they sit in the card. The turkeys are so fun as are the pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete