Sausalito, California

Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Kyle!

My niece, Danielle,  is coming to visit with her new husband, Kyle!  We have never meant Kyle and his birthday was recently so at the party that we are having for the two of them we are going to give Kyle a birthday cake with cards. The first thing I thought of was their wedding.  Danielle's mother is my sister and most of our side of the family could not attend because the wedding was in Georgia and my dad was ill at the time.  But we saw many pictures and the one that stood out most was Danielle on the back of Kyle's John Deere  tractor after the ceremony going to the reception.  This photo is a hoot!  Sometime ago, I saw a punch art tractor and this is what I came up with for Kyle's card.  It was actually on Isaiah 40:31 blog and she was inspired by Jackie Topa.  Her blog address is http://jackietopa.typepad.com/addicted_to_stamping/2009/08/punch-art-tractor.html

The seat is a heart punch but I bet you could use 2 small oval punches. The steering wheel are 2 SU small  slit punches. Engine of the tractor is a large tag punch from SU.  The wheels are nesties scallop and circle.  I just typed "John Deere" on the computer really, really tiny and put it on the tractor because my handwriting would just mess up the card.   The smoke stack is SU word window punch and the smoke is just a small sizzix flower that I had.  Enjoy!  

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Rochelle! I am sorry I am going to miss the visit. XoXoX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh.. This is so cute. It's the perfect tractor. He is going to love it.. I was thinking of a fire engine. Maybe a huge cake with candles and the fire truck is coming to put out the fire. Yeah, let's see how I do.. Your card is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card for Kyle! I remember the tractor too! It's the perfect card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great!What a wonderful memory of them driving away to the reception on a tractor! Another fantastic card! I think all the cards my sisters make are better than some gifts! hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete