Sausalito, California

Monday, December 1, 2014

December Football

Here are two birthday cards for two guys that love football and also share the same birth date which is December 18th.  I didn't want to make the same one so I decided to make them a little different. Both of them are punch art which is so much fun to do!! To the left, Russ' card (my brother-in-law) is the football with the goal posts which was embossed with cuttlebug EF and used Die-namics grass.  I need to add something else to the card by the sentiment. I am just not sure what yet.  The inside sentiment which is not shown says, "May your birthday bring you all the things that make you smile like football!"

Close up look!  Have a ball!
The other card is for my boss who is turning 50! He really likes the New England Patriots but his favorite team is the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Their colors are black and gold so I saw on pinterest a lot of different football players using punch art so I gave it a whirl.  He is a cutie with a black uniform and gold sneakers and gold on his helmet and jersey.  A lot of punches were used to include the circle, tag, oval, butterfly and heart punches.  All of them were SU punches.   I used the same die from Die-namics for the grass that I did for the first card.  The sentiment inside that is not shown says, "Congratulations and best wishes on your 50th birthday, an event worthy of celebration and reflection on five decades of life, love and laughter with plenty more yet to come.  

50 Years!
I haven't made an easel card in a while and had forgotten how much I like making them.  For now I am finished making birthday cards and I can now starting focusing on my Christmas cards.  Can't wait to start on them now!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. The perfect cards for football lovers! I love your football player! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are perfect! Russ is gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete